The Colorado Department of Higher Education is the statutory repository for student records after an authorized institution or private occupational school closes.
Available Records for Closed Private Degree-Granting Universities
CDHE only possesses records for schools that closed after 2012 and has records from the following institutions:
- Argosy University - Denver Campus
- Art Institute of Colorado
- Colorado University of Commerce
- CollegeAmerica (Baccalaureate/Masters students only)
- ITT Technical Institute (ITT)
- Jones International University (JIU)
- Wellington University
Requesting transcripts from Argosy University, Art Institute of Colorado, Colorado University of Commerce, and Wellington University
You can request your student records by completing and mailing the student record request and a check or money order to CDHE using form below. Read the instructions here.
Requesting transcripts from JIU and ITT
While CDHE can fulfill transcript requests from JIU and ITT, you may request JIU and ITT transcripts from a third-party company called Parchment. CDHE contracted with Parchment to provide greater access for transcript fulfillment and ease of ordering and payment.
- JIU transcript request link *NOTE: Currently, Parchment is experiencing technical difficulties fulfilling requests for Jones International University. Temporarily, please send your request to CDHE following the instructions above.
- ITT transcript request link
Available Records for Closed Private Occupational Schools
DPOS retrieves student transcripts when a registered school closes. To request a transcript, please complete and submit this Online Student Record Request form to the Division of Private Occupational Schools (DPOS). The DPOS transcript request fee is $35.00 (non-refundable) NOTE: if requesting more than one copy an additional $5.00 fee per copy is required.