The third annual legislatively mandated Job Skills Report delves into labor and postsecondary education data to discover areas where an adequate number of degrees and certificates are being generated to meet future workforce needs, along with gaps in the workforce pipeline. Read the press release, the summary, the full report and check out our interactive Top Jobs list Source: Photo courtesy Western Colorado Community College, a division of Colorado Mesa University
The Colorado Commission on Higher Education Dec. 4 approved nine additional statewide transfer agreements, bringing the total to 28 – double the number required by statute. The coursework in these agreements is guaranteed to transfer to any public university in the state. The most recent agreements are in: art history, biology, chemistry, English, horticulture business management, music, physics, studio art and theater. Read the press release. Photo: Students in a veterinary technology class at Front Range Community College.
The Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative is making $3.4 million in grants available aimed at expanding and improving the network of programs focused on supporting students as they prepare for and pursue higher education. Learn more about eligible programs and the application process.
Job Skills and more - Read this month's Higher Ed Headlines newsletter, which features the annual Job Skills report and information on the upcoming Precollegiate Conference sponsored by College In Colorado.
Saving for college - Did you know...Direct deposit of tax refunds to CollegeInvest 529 college savings accounts is included on 2015 Colorado Income Tax Forms? Learn more.
Job Skills Report - Learn about Colorado's top jobs in terms of future openings and salaries and how our institutions are meeting future job needs in the latest Job Skills Report.
Final HB14-1319 report - Read the final report on the proposed new funding formula for higher education in Colorado. Read the report.
- HB1319 New funding model - Get meeting schedules, background information and anything you need to learn more about a new approach to higher education funding in Colorado.
- Workforce outcomes - Find out what we're doing to make sure high school graduates are ready for college or the workforce, and what salaries they earn with what degrees
- Guaranteed transfer - Colorado has many guided degree pathways and general education core courses guaranteed to transfer
- P20 partnerships - K-12 and higher ed are teaming up in Colorado to improve outcomes for students. Check out this interactive timeline highlighting all our P20 initiatives.
- Concurrent enrollment - Get the latest statistics showing one in five Colorado high school students is taking college classes
- Educator preparation - Learn about work we're doing to support future teachers and elevate the profession
- Colorado Completes! A new campaign celebrates programs at Colorado's campuses that are moving the needle on student success as demonstrated through convincing data.