The ECE Educator Loan Forgiveness program is for ECE Educators to receive loan forgiveness. The Round 2 application is now closed.
The first round application closed June 15, 2022 with a distribution of funds starting in August 2022. Round 2 application closed September 15, 2022. Round 3 application window will be open from April 1, 2023 - May 31, 2023.
Applicants may receive up to $5,000 in Federal Loan Forgiveness annually. This is a two-year program. Applicants must re-apply for program consideration each year. With limited funds, not every applicant will receive loan forgiveness.
Financial Wellness Support (including help navigating the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program, counseling to find the best student loan repayment strategy for your situation and more) will be made available free of charge to up to 3,000 applicants through tuition.io.
For application instructions and a checklist of information you will need to complete your online application, please click here. Fillable Employment Verification PDF can be found here.
Fill out your application here.
- Birth through five ECE Educators can qualify for up to $5,000 annually
- "ECE Educators" include: ECE Teachers, ECE Special Service Providers, ECE Directors, Floaters, Assistant Teachers and Paraprofessionals (who may or may not have educator licensure).
- ECE Educators must be currently employed full-time in a licensed childcare program
- Priority given to individuals early in their career and bilingual professionals
- Must register or already be registered with PDIS (FREE)
- Only applicants with Federal Student Loans in their name qualify (check to see if you have qualifying loans here.)
Additional Educator Loan Forgiveness Resources
Please click here for information and updates about other external loan forgiveness opportunities for educators through the federal government, etc.