The CDHE Policy Fellows learn from higher education leaders inside and outside the Department regarding the role and responsibilities of the state's higher education Department and Commission.
The CDHE Policy Fellows are an annual cohort of Colorado graduate students interested in learning about the role of the Commission and the role of CDHE in crafting higher education policy in Colorado. Participants will attend sessions with CDHE staff and complete a short policy recommendation report to apply their knowledge.
• Participate in a selective program
• Understand the Department’s role, application and development of higher education policy in Colorado
• Learn from the Department and institution experts on the role of the state in policymaking
• Complete a group policy paper of 12-18 pages on a policy area of their choosing with a focus on equitable policy
• Develop a relationship with the CDHE team
• To be enrolled at a Colorado higher education institution, in a graduate program
• To attend a minimum of 5 of 7 meetings (all virtual)
• To commit 2 hours a month to a group policy paper, outside of meetings
• That there will be no compensation for their work or time
• That this is an education and training program tied to the Fellow’s formal education
• That the work complements the existing work of CDHE
2021 Fellows Schedule (each session will run from 3:30- 5 p.m. MT on ZOOM):
- January 14: Role of Higher Education
- January 28: CDHE’s Role in Colorado
- February 11: From Idea to Policy
- February 25: Colorado Higher Education Finance
- March 11: Workforce & Industry Partnerships
- March 25: Equity in Higher Education
- April 8: Elective (Fellows choose 3 of 5, will use ZOOM breakout rooms)
Apply to be a fellow, view the application. Deadline to apply for 2021 applicants is Monday November 23, 2020.