The Department’s top priority is the health and safety of all students, educators and communities in Colorado. The department has compiled resources about Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) to help provide guidance to Institutions of Higher Education.
Colleges, universities and private occupational schools should work directly with their local public health agency and the Colorado Department of Health and Environment for guidance on COVID-19.
The Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE) is the lead agency on response, working with local agencies. CDPHE’s webpage has up-to-date information on the number of confirmed cases and the everyday actions you can take to protect our communities.
As of July 16, 2020 and until further notice by Governor Jared Polis and CDPHE, masks are required in all indoor spaces in Colorado, including classrooms and all other postsecondary education buildings.
Resources for Colleges/Universities
- A Bridge to the New Normal: Planning for Return to Campus During COVID-19 (July 14, 2020) Effective for fall 2020 classes; no notification required.
- State Guidance for Colorado Institutions of Higher Education (June 22, 2020) Effective for summer 2020 classes; notification still required, see guidance.
- Executive Order: Directing the Expenditure of Federal Funds Pursuant to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act of 2020
- Onward CO: A one-stop resource for the people of Colorado impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Academic and Student Service Guidance (March 27, 2020)
- Updated Public Health Order to Include Other Critical Services (March 26, 2020)
- No Lapse in Learning Laptop Drive
- Hunger Free Colorado: Food Resource Hotline
- CDE announces pause on 2019-20 state assessments, accountability
- Questions about HLC Accreditation and Changes in Institutional Practice
- CDE’s Guidance on Concurrent Enrollment and Higher Education Admissions
College/University COVID-19 Specific Webpages
CCCS (contains links to various campuses’ sites): https://internal.cccs.edu/coronavirus/
Sources for Public Health Information
- CDPHE: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/2019-novel-coronavirus
- Facebook (facebook.com/CDPHE) and Twitter (@CDPHE)
- CDC web page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/
To review the facts, please see the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment's (CDPHE) Fact Sheet.
For general information:
CO HELP: COVID-19 Hotline
For answers in many languages including English, Spanish (Español), Mandarin (普通话), and more:
- Call 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911
- Email COHELP@RMPDC.org
If you have symptoms and think you have been exposed, call a health care provider.Look up your local public health agency.
For public health management:
- The Center for Disease Control has established exposure risk categoriesto help guide public health management of people following potential exposure to COVID-19.
- CDPHE has resources for local public health agencies and health care providers.