Colorado is on track to meet future job needs in most STEM fields but the picture isn't looking as good for medical doctors. These are among the findings in the 2014 Job Skills Report. Read the two-page summary or check out all our resources connecting education to the workforce. Photo credit: University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Degree Within Reach is Colorado's way of describing "reverse transfer," a new program allowing students who have transferred from a Colorado community college to a Colorado university to combine credits from both institutions and apply them towards an associate’s degree.
The 2012-2013 concurrent enrollment report released in late March by the Colorado Department of Higher Education finds participation in Concurrent Enrollment grew by 28 percent over the previous year. Check out this page for more information on a popular state program that allows students to earn college credit at no cost to them while still in high school.
Degree Within Reach - Colorado's reverse transfer program is officially launched. Check out the program website and find out how this will help students earn associate's degrees.
Concurrent enrollment - The number of Colorado high school students enrolled in college coursework and earning college credit at no cost to them continues to grow. Read more.
Colorado Academic Standards - Find out how the Colorado Academic Standards came to be and how they connect to higher education on this new webpage.
2014 Job Skills Report - This report ties future degree production to job needs by sector. Check out our new Job Skills page.
- P20 partnerships - K-12 and higher ed are teaming up in Colorado to improve outcomes for students. Check out this interactive timeline highlighting all our P20 initiatives.
- Guaranteed transfer - Colorado has many guided degree pathways and general education core courses guaranteed to transfer
- Concurrent enrollment - Get the latest statistics showing one in five Colorado high school students is taking college classes
- Educator preparation - Learn about work we're doing to support future teachers and elevate the profession
- Workforce outcomes - Find out what we're doing to make sure high school graduates are ready for college or the workforce, and what salaries they earn with what degrees