Colorado is on track to meet future job needs in most STEM fields but the picture isn't looking as good for medical doctors. These are among the findings in the 2014 Job Skills Report. Read the two-page summary or check out all our resources connecting education to the workforce. Photo credit: University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Our work-study student Isaac Montenegro narrated this Prezi, which tells the story of higher education in Colorado in about 5 minutes. Click on the play arrow on the lower left of the screen to begin. If the Prezi fails to run continuously, click on the right arrow on the bottom in the middle.
The Lumina Foundation's Strategy Labs in March focuses on the importance of setting a goal to increase higher education attainment. Lt. Gov. Joe Garcia is this month's "featured champion." Check out the Strategy Labs website and watch this video of Lt. Gov. Garcia talking about Colorado's goal and steps we're taking to get there.
Featured champion - Lt. Gov. Joe Garcia, executive director of the Department of Higher Education, is this month's "featured champion" on Lumina Foundation's Strategy labs.
Pre-collegiate conference - Lt. Gov. Garcia will join College In Colorado's Pre-Collegiate Conference March 14. Learn more.
Colorado Academic Standards - Find out how the Colorado Academic Standards came to be and how they connect to higher education on this new webpage.
2014 Job Skills Report - This report ties future degree production to job needs by sector. Check out our new Job Skills page.
Higher Ed Headlines - The Department of Higher Education now has a monthly e-newsletter. Sign up now to make sure you're in the loop.
- P20 partnerships - K-12 and higher ed are teaming up in Colorado to improve outcomes for students. Check out this interactive timeline highlighting all our P20 initiatives.
- Guaranteed transfer - Colorado has many guided degree pathways and general education core courses guaranteed to transfer
- Concurrent enrollment - Get the latest statistics showing one in five Colorado high school students is taking college classes
- Educator preparation - Learn about work we're doing to support future teachers and elevate the profession
- Workforce outcomes - Find out what we're doing to make sure high school graduates are ready for college or the workforce, and what salaries they earn with what degrees