There are 9,621 international students studying at Colorado campuses, according to the most recent Open Doors report released by the Institute of International Education and StudyColorado, marking a 7.1 percent increase over the previous year. Campuses across the state and nation are celebrating International Education Week Nov. 17-21, 2014. Read more. Photo: Hazuki Toyama, a Japanese student at Fort Lewis College, shares her entry in a StudyColorado contest that asked international students to "show their colors" in Colorado.
The Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative is making $3.4 million in grants available aimed at expanding and improving the network of programs focused on supporting students as they prepare for and pursue higher education. Applications are due Nov. 15, 2014. Learn more about eligible programs and the application process.
The percentage of Colorado high school graduates who need remediation - or catch-up courses - when they get to college dropped 3 percentage points. This would seem to indicate that a variety of programs aimed at reducing the need for remediation while giving students the support they need, such as Supplemental Academic Instruction and the developmental education redesign at the Colorado Community College System, are working. Read the two-page summary.
International Education Week - The number of international students studying at Colorado colleges grew 7 percent last year. Read more about International Education Week, Nov. 17-21, and StudyColorado.
Gov. Hickenlooper budget request - Gov. Hickenlooper's budget request calls for $107.1 million in new dollars for public higher education. Learn more in our November newsletter.
- HB1319 New funding model - Get meeting schedules, background information and anything you need to learn more about a new approach to higher education funding in Colorado.
- Workforce outcomes - Find out what we're doing to make sure high school graduates are ready for college or the workforce, and what salaries they earn with what degrees
- Guaranteed transfer - Colorado has many guided degree pathways and general education core courses guaranteed to transfer
- P20 partnerships - K-12 and higher ed are teaming up in Colorado to improve outcomes for students. Check out this interactive timeline highlighting all our P20 initiatives.
- Concurrent enrollment - Get the latest statistics showing one in five Colorado high school students is taking college classes
- Educator preparation - Learn about work we're doing to support future teachers and elevate the profession
- Colorado Completes! A new campaign celebrates programs at Colorado's campuses that are moving the needle on student success as demonstrated through convincing data.