The Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative is making $3.4 million in grants available aimed at expanding and improving the network of programs focused on supporting students as they prepare for and pursue higher education. Applications are due Nov. 15, 2014. Learn more about eligible programs and the application process.
During the month of October the Colorado Department of Higher Education will be celebrating campus programs that are moving the needle on student success through campus events and visits by Lt. Gov. Garcia, who serves as executive director of the Colorado Department of Higher Education, in a newly launched campaign. Photo credit: University of Colorado Learn more.
The percentage of Colorado high school graduates who need remediation - or catch-up courses - when they get to college dropped 3 percentage points. This would seem to indicate that a variety of programs aimed at reducing the need for remediation while giving students the support they need, such as Supplemental Academic Instruction and the developmental education redesign at the Colorado Community College System, are working. Read the two-page summary.
Higher ed funding - Care about the future of public higher education in Colorado? Then share your opinions about what metrics matter most in a new funding model using MindMixer. For more information on the model, click here.
FAFSA Completion - The Colorado Department of Higher Education and Colorado Department of Education receive $600,000 grant from the Kresge Foundation to spread the FAFSA Completion Project to other states. Read the release. And check out the project.
- HB1319 Outcomes-based funding - Get meeting schedules, background information and anything you need to learn more about a new approach to higher education funding in Colorado.
- Colorado Completes! A new campaign celebrates programs at Colorado's campuses that are moving the needle on student success as demonstrated through convincing data.
- Workforce outcomes - Find out what we're doing to make sure high school graduates are ready for college or the workforce, and what salaries they earn with what degrees
- Guaranteed transfer - Colorado has many guided degree pathways and general education core courses guaranteed to transfer
- P20 partnerships - K-12 and higher ed are teaming up in Colorado to improve outcomes for students. Check out this interactive timeline highlighting all our P20 initiatives.
- Concurrent enrollment - Get the latest statistics showing one in five Colorado high school students is taking college classes
- Educator preparation - Learn about work we're doing to support future teachers and elevate the profession