The Colorado Commission on Higher Education Dec. 4 approved nine additional statewide transfer agreements, bringing the total to 28 – double the number required by statute. The coursework in these agreements is guaranteed to transfer to any public university in the state. The most recent agreements are in: art history, biology, chemistry, English, horticulture business management, music, physics, studio art and theater. Read the press release. Photo: Students in a veterinary technology class at Front Range Community College.
The Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative is making $3.4 million in grants available aimed at expanding and improving the network of programs focused on supporting students as they prepare for and pursue higher education. Learn more about eligible programs and the application process.
The percentage of Colorado high school graduates who need remediation - or catch-up courses - when they get to college dropped 3 percentage points. This would seem to indicate that a variety of programs aimed at reducing the need for remediation while giving students the support they need, such as Supplemental Academic Instruction and the developmental education redesign at the Colorado Community College System, are working. Read the two-page summary.
New funding model gets key support - CEOs of all the state's higher education institutions signed a letter in support of the newly developed fiscal 2015-16 funding allocation model for higher education.
Prepping for 2015 session - The 2015 legislative session begins Jan. 7. Read key legislative committee updates and presentations and get more information about the 2015-2016 budget request.
Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative - Gov. John Hickenlooper announces $3.4 million in grants to help students graduate with less debt and connect with jobs. Learn more about COSI.
District At A Glance - School districts across Colorado are digesting key postsecondary outcomes in recently mailed District At A Glance reports. Find your district's report here. Or, use the searchable database.
- HB1319 New funding model - Get meeting schedules, background information and anything you need to learn more about a new approach to higher education funding in Colorado.
- Workforce outcomes - Find out what we're doing to make sure high school graduates are ready for college or the workforce, and what salaries they earn with what degrees
- Guaranteed transfer - Colorado has many guided degree pathways and general education core courses guaranteed to transfer
- P20 partnerships - K-12 and higher ed are teaming up in Colorado to improve outcomes for students. Check out this interactive timeline highlighting all our P20 initiatives.
- Concurrent enrollment - Get the latest statistics showing one in five Colorado high school students is taking college classes
- Educator preparation - Learn about work we're doing to support future teachers and elevate the profession
- Colorado Completes! A new campaign celebrates programs at Colorado's campuses that are moving the needle on student success as demonstrated through convincing data.