Despite a small increase in the percent of students requiring remediation in 2014-15, there have been pockets of positive and incremental movement in the right direction towards all college students being ready and successful, with the ultimate hope of earning a credential. Read the Press Release and Report.
Nearly 30 percent of Colorado’s 11th-graders and 12th-graders participated in some type of dual enrollment program during the 2014-15 school year – an increase of 15 percent over the previous year -- according to the 2014-15 concurrent enrollment report. Read the Press Release.
This year’s Postsecondary Success and Outcomes Report finds that the graduates of the 2014 high school class enrolled at postsecondary institutions at a higher rate than the previous class – the first time this has been observed since 2009. Steady improvements in first year college performance have been observed, as well. Additional information can be found in the Report.
Fiscal Affairs & Audit Committee Meeting - CANCELLED
Time: July 15th 10:00-11:00am
Next Meeting: August 19th
Time: September 1, 2016 1:00pm
Location: CSU Pueblo
2200 Bonforte Boulevard, Pueblo CO 81001
CollegeInvest Board Meeting
Time:August 18, 2016 1:00pm
Location: Civic Center Plaza, CollegeInvest Board Room
1560 Broadway, Suite 1700, Denver, CO 80203
2015 Remedial Report Available - The number of Colorado high school graduates needing remediation when entering college increased slightly in 2014-2015 over the previous year from 34.2 percent to 35.4 percent, according to this year’s remediation report. That amounts to 7,472 students needing remediation. The entire report can be found here.
2014-2015 Concurrent Enrollment Report Available - The data in this report provide a descriptive summary of students in Colorado’s public education system who participated in dual enrollment programs in the 2014-2015 academic year. The entire report can be found here.
Postsecondary Success and Outcomes Report Available - This report covers the high school graduating class of 2014 and provides postsecondary enrollment, information on first-year college students in Colorado, first and second year retention rates and information on postsecondary credential attainment. The entire report can be found here.
Ed Prep Report Available - The 2016 Educator Preparation Report provides data on the number of educators prepared within Colorado, and includes enrollment and completer numbers from Colorado colleges/universities as well as alternative preparation providers. The entire report can be found here.
- Remedial Education - Remedial courses cost students time and money, do not result in course credit and are a known barrier to student success.
- Workforce outcomes - Find out what we're doing to make sure high school graduates are ready for college or the workforce, and what salaries they earn with what degrees
- Guaranteed transfer - Colorado has many guided degree pathways and general education core courses guaranteed to transfer
- Concurrent enrollment - Get the latest statistics showing one in five Colorado high school students is taking college classes
- Colorado Completes! A new campaign celebrates programs at Colorado's campuses that are moving the needle on student success as demonstrated through convincing data.
- Collective Impact Initiative Grants Ideas from the 2015 Attainment Gap Roundtable Series created a new grant opportunity from CDHE and the Scholarship Initiative. Click to learn more.