During the month of October the Colorado Department of Higher Education will be celebrating campus programs that are moving the needle on student success through campus events and visits by Lt. Gov. Garcia, who serves as executive director of the Colorado Department of Higher Education, in a newly launched campaign. Learn more.
The percentage of Colorado high school graduates who need remediation - or catch-up courses - when they get to college dropped 3 percentage points. This would seem to indicate that a variety of programs aimed at reducing the need for remediation while giving students the support they need, such as Supplemental Academic Instruction and the developmental education redesign at the Colorado Community College System, are working. Read the two-page summary.
The 2012-2013 concurrent enrollment report released in late March by the Colorado Department of Higher Education finds participation in Concurrent Enrollment grew by 28 percent over the previous year. Check out this page for more information on a popular state program that allows students to earn college credit at no cost to them while still in high school.
Higher Ed Headlines - Stay up to date on what's happening at the Department of Higher Education by reading our monthly e-newsletter. In the September issue, read about one GEAR UP success story and College Application Month.
Colorado Completes! announced - The Colorado Department of Higher Education and Lt. Gov. Joe Garcia are celebrating the importance of college completion in October. Learn more about this campaign (#CoCompletes) and planned events.
- HB1319 Outcomes-based funding - Get meeting schedules, background information and anything you need to learn more about a new approach to higher education funding in Colorado.
- P20 partnerships - K-12 and higher ed are teaming up in Colorado to improve outcomes for students. Check out this interactive timeline highlighting all our P20 initiatives.
- Guaranteed transfer - Colorado has many guided degree pathways and general education core courses guaranteed to transfer
- Concurrent enrollment - Get the latest statistics showing one in five Colorado high school students is taking college classes
- Educator preparation - Learn about work we're doing to support future teachers and elevate the profession
- Workforce outcomes - Find out what we're doing to make sure high school graduates are ready for college or the workforce, and what salaries they earn with what degrees