The percentage of Colorado high school graduates who need remediation - or catch-up courses - when they get to college dropped 3 percentage points. This would seem to indicate that a variety of programs aimed at reducing the need for remediation while giving students the support they need, such as Supplemental Academic Instruction and the developmental education redesign at the Colorado Community College System, are working. Read the two-page summary.
Degree Within Reach is Colorado's way of describing "reverse transfer," a new program allowing students who have transferred from a Colorado community college to a Colorado university to combine credits from both institutions and apply them towards an associate’s degree.
The 2012-2013 concurrent enrollment report released in late March by the Colorado Department of Higher Education finds participation in Concurrent Enrollment grew by 28 percent over the previous year. Check out this page for more information on a popular state program that allows students to earn college credit at no cost to them while still in high school.
Higher education funding - The Colorado Commission on Higher Education (CCHE) this week officially kicks off a major project that will result in a new transparent outcomes-based funding formula for public higher education in Colorado. Read more.
Higher Ed for Higher Standards - Lt. Gov. Joe Garcia and other higher education leaders in Colorado are signing on to a national push in support of the Common Core State Standards. Read more.
- HB1319 Outcomes-based funding - Get meeting schedules, background information and anything you need to learn more about a new approach to higher education funding in Colorado.
- P20 partnerships - K-12 and higher ed are teaming up in Colorado to improve outcomes for students. Check out this interactive timeline highlighting all our P20 initiatives.
- Guaranteed transfer - Colorado has many guided degree pathways and general education core courses guaranteed to transfer
- Concurrent enrollment - Get the latest statistics showing one in five Colorado high school students is taking college classes
- Educator preparation - Learn about work we're doing to support future teachers and elevate the profession
- Workforce outcomes - Find out what we're doing to make sure high school graduates are ready for college or the workforce, and what salaries they earn with what degrees