Public Notice of Board Meeting - October 25, 2016
- Agenda - to be posted
- Notice - to be posted
September 29, 2016 - Regency Beauty Institute (Fort Collins and Westminster)
- The Department of Higher Education, Division of Private Occupational Schools (DPOS) was notified on September 29, 2016, that Regency Beauty Institute discontinued all instruction effective September 28, 2016.
The Division is working diligently to assist students. We are working closely with Regency Beauty Institute to identify currently enrolled and attending students or students that may have been on a leave of absence. We are also working closely with the school’s accrediting agency, the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences (“NACCAS”), to establish train-out opportunities.
This page will be updated as new information becomes available.
September 13, 2016 - ITT Tech Closure
- Click here to read important information regarding the closing of ITT Tech.
September 9, 2016 - IMPORTANT NOTICE - ITT Technical Institutes (Aurora and Westminster)
- On September 6, 2016, ITT Technical Institute, a private occupational school regulated by the Colorado Division of Private Occupational Schools (“Division”), Department of Higher Education, discontinued operations. The Division is working diligently to find opportunities that will enable the students to continue their education and training at another school offering the same or similar programs as soon as possible. As information becomes available, the Division will keep students apprised by posting updates on the Division’s website.
Office of Barber and Cosmetology Licensure
- Policy 14: Training Hour Conversion Rate and Guideline
Notice to Barbering and Cosmetology Schools - re: Office of Barber and Cosmetology changes concerning contact hours for licensure
Notice to Yoga Teacher Training Schools - re: exemption of yoga teacher training courses, programs and schools
Notice to All DPOS Schools - re: new forms
Notice to ALL DPOS Schools - re: new fees
Notice to School Directors - re: Exemption of Continuing Education Courses for maintenance or renewal of a professional license issued by a Colorado state licensing entit
Colorado Open Records Act
- The Colorado Department of Higher Education is committed to transparency and open government. Please review our revised Colorado Open Records Act Policy for information about fees associated with processing CORA requests.
View Archived notices