Reciprocity & Exchange Programs

New Mexico-Colorado Tuition Reciprocity Agreement

Eligible Colorado students may apply to designated institutions of higher education in New Mexico and pay resident tuition rates. Please see the current agreement by clicking here.

Oklahoma Scholarships for Non-Resident Tuition

Colorado residents may receive scholarships that include a waiver of a portion of the non-resident tuition at a college or university in Oklahoma. Students should work directly with the institution they want to attend to ensure they meet necessary qualifications.  Assurances for non-resident tuition waivers during a student’s continued enrollment at the institution should be clarified within the scholarship waiver and any questions or concerns should be directed to the institution.

Nebraska State & Community Colleges

Western Nebraska Community College offers in-state tuition rates for Colorado residents. For more information, please visit and go to financial aid information. Chadron, Peru and Wayne State Colleges have a “non-resident scholars program” that reduces tuition for out-of-state students. Visit their websites and search for “non-resident scholars program.”

Student Exchange Programs

Through a state-to-state student exchange program, a student may gain affordable access to institutions in another state.

Several programs are available through the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE):

More details are available at the WICHE website.