The Colorado Department of Higher Education’s Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative (COSI) and One Million Degrees launches “Finish What You Started,” a program providing wraparound and financial support services to Adams County adults, to obtain college credentials or degrees. The program combines financial support with additional services such as career planning and student coaching, connection to community and public resources (e.g., transportation assistance, childcare centers, legal aid services, housing support, etc.), and career connections. The program will largely serve students of color and first-generation students with some college, encouraging them to re-enroll in postsecondary education and graduate. The Finish What You Started is a partnership between One Million Degrees, The Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative, Metropolitan State University of Denver, The Rocky Mountain Partnership, and the Adams County Workforce and Business Center.
Do you have some college, but did not graduate or obtain your credential? Are you thinking of re-enrolling to finish your degree? Join the Finish What You Started program designed to provide you with support services to obtain college credentials or degrees. Click here to access the One Million Degrees Finish What You Started application!
- Why should you participate?
Adams County Residents:
Adams county residents who fit the criteria can participate in a special pilot program offered through a partnership with One Million Degrees.
One Million Degrees (OMD) is a student success program that supports students on their pathway to academic and career success. OMD provides holistic services that support students in school, work, and life.
It is free to participate. If accepted, OMD will provide you with personal, professional, academic, and financial support as you complete your academic journey. Supports include but are not limited to:
- COSI Scholarship
- A stipend of up to $1,000 per academic year
- Additional funding to support your education (e.g. emergency funding, enrichment grants)
- A professional coach to support your next step plans
- A dedicated staff member to help navigate your college experience
- A network of peers and community as you complete your certificate or degree
- Are you eligible?
Participants must meet the following criteria to participate in the Adams County program:
- Plan to enroll or be enrolling at a Colorado public college or university
- Pursuing your first higher education certificate or degree (previous degree holders are ineligible)
- 25+ years old
- Adams county resident
- Colorado resident, including ASSET students
- Some College, No Degree: Defined as students who earned some postsecondary credits from a public/private higher education but did not complete a credential/degree
- Are you ready to get started? Apply for the program today!
One Million Degrees (OMD) is currently enrolling students in The Finish What You Started program. This branch of the program will provide Adams County, Colorado adults, aged 25+, with support services to obtain college credentials or degrees.
Adams County Program Contact