University of Colorado Colorado Springs
For media inquiries, contact Megan McDermott at:
Please email Megan McDermott to sign up for daily press clips about higher education.
Sign up for our newsletters: Higher Ed Headlines, EdPrep Post, StudyColorado Stories, GEAR UP Gazette or Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative.
Colorado Open Records Act
The Colorado Department of Higher Education is committed to transparency and open government. Please find our Colorado Open Records Act Policy here.
Fees: The first 25 pages of hard copies are provided at no cost to the requestor. After that, the requestor may be charged 25-cents per page to print copies of documents. When producing records consumes more than one hour of staff time, the department may charge $20 per hour for all staff time associated with locating and producing records. The department may charge up to $30 per hour (after the first hour) in special circumstances.
More information: Contact Megan McDermott by phone at 303-974-2495 or via email at Megan.McDermott@dhe.state.co.us.
2018 Press Releases
- Dec. 7, 2018: Colorado Department of Higher Education partners with WICHE, DHS and FEMA on cybersecurity preparedness exercise
- Nov. 8, 2018: Gov. Hickenlooper announces Colorado is among six states to receive federal GEAR UP grant
- Oct. 17, 2018: Colorado Department of Higher Education awards nearly $2 million in grants to fight teacher shortage
- Oct. 15, 2018: Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative announces $7.5 million available in its current round of matching scholarships grant program
- Oct. 3, 2018: Gov. Hickenlooper announces free application day at Colorado higher education institutions
- June 20, 2018: Latest report shows lower developmental education rates for Colorado high school graduates
- June 5, 2018: Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative receives $3.5 million in additional state funding
- June 4, 2018: State campaign touts benefits of modern apprenticeships
- May 10, 2018: Governor and General Assembly provide more than $105 million in new funding to support state's talent development
- May 4, 2018: Colorado Commission on Higher Education approves changes for awarding college credit for military training
- May 2, 2018: Gov. Hickenlooper recognizes May 4 as College Friday
- May 1, 2018: Morgan Community College Foundation named 2018 Quarterly Forum scholarship recipient
- April 3, 2018: Colorado's dual enrollment programs continue to grow with gains among minority groups
- March 2, 2018: Colorado high school college-going rate remains consistent, but gaps among ethnic groups linger
- Feb. 20, 2018 Department of Higher Education announces campus partnerships, convenes community and business leaders to launch two-year equity effort
- Feb. 15, 2018 State announces new attainment numbers; shows overall increase plus growth among minority groups
- Jan. 29, 2018 Federal grants boost rural educator recruitment, retention efforts
Press release and newsletter archive
Learn more about key topics