University of Colorado Colorado Springs
For media inquiries, contact Megan McDermott at:
Please email Lindsay Sandoval to sign up for daily press clips about higher education.
Sign up for our newsletters: EdPrepped, StudyColorado news, GEAR UP or Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative.
Colorado Open Records Act
The Colorado Department of Higher Education is committed to transparency and open government. Please find our Colorado Open Records Act Policy here.
More information: Contact Megan McDermott by phone at 303-974-2495 or via email at Megan.McDermott@dhe.state.co.us.
2019 Press Releases
- Sept. 20, 2019: Governor Jared Polis announces Colorado colleges and universities will again waive applications fees on October 15
- July 30, 2019: Going to college or technical school remains a rewarding investment for Coloradans
- June 26, 2019: Colorado receives $12 million award from U.S. Department of Labor to expand apprenticeships in health care
- June 14, 2019: Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative approves more than $7.5 million in matching scholarship grant funds
- April 1, 2019: Colorado’s dual enrollment programs grow by nearly 10 percent
- March 21, 2019: State announces new attainment numbers; shows overall increase plus growth among most minority groups
- Feb. 22, 2019: As Colorado aims to improve student outcomes, high school college-going rate remains consistent with persistent gaps among ethnic groups
- Feb. 13, 2019:Colorado’s educator preparation programs show increase in enrollment, drop in completion
- Feb. 7, 2019: Colorado Commission on Higher Education approves $550,000 in OER grant funding
- Jan. 3, 2019: Colorado colleges and universities see jump in applications following Colorado Free Application Day
- Jan. 2, 2019: Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative approves five new local scholarship proposals
News Release Archive
Learn more about key topics