Filing a Student Complaint

The Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE) is a coordinating agency, not a regulatory agency. Therefore, the CDHE has limited jurisdiction over institutions of higher education (IHEs) in the state of Colorado.

Prior to filing a complaint with the CDHE, students must follow the appeal procedures at their IHE. Each IHE has a process for addressing student complaints. Filing a complaint with the CDHE is the last resort.

To file a complaint against a Colorado instutituon of higher education, please choose one of the following options:

Click here to find out if your institution is PUBLIC, PRIVATE or a PRIVATE OCCUPATIONAL SCHOOL.

  • If your institution a PUBLIC institution, click here.
  • If your institution a PRIVATE institution, click here.
  • If your institution a PRIVATE OCCUPATIONAL SCHOOL, click here.

Are you concerned about a possible diploma mill/illegal school?

  • For a definition of diploma mill/illegal school - click here.
  • Do you want to report a diploma mill/illegal school? click here.
  • Don't see your school on any list? Send us a comment.