Argosy University/Art Institute Closing
The parent company for the Art Institute of Colorado and Argosy University, Dream Center Education Holdings (DCEH), has closed its Colorado campuses and ceased enrolling new students. Read the announcenment from the U.S. Department of Higher Education.
Colorado's Argosy campuses closed on Dec. 31, 2018, and Argosy University officially closed nationwide on Friday, March 8, 2019. The Art Institute of Colorado (AI) completed their last day of instruction on December 14, 2018. No students remain actively enrolled.
If AI students have questions regarding transcripts, ledger cards or diplomas, they may contact DCEH at 888-863-0324 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information can be found on The Art Institute Closed School Page.
Options for Former AI and Argosy Students
Students affected by the closure of the Argosy and AI campuses have a few options:
- Enroll in an institution that has an approved teach-out agreement.
- Independently pursue a self-chosen transfer to another school. In this option, there is no guarantee of the transfer of credits. Credit acceptance is at the sole discretion of the recipient institution.
- Pursue a federal loan discharge.
The following are the options available to former students:
Former Art Institute Students
Depending on your education program, Art Institute students may be able to continue studies at a Colorado institution.
- For Art Institute students in the Associate in Digital Filmmaking & Video Production, Graphic and Web Design or Web Design (diploma) programs, Front Range Community College can help. Please contact Alana McCoy for more information.
- For Art Institute students in the Film programs, the Community College of Aurora may help you complete your degree.
- For Art Instiutute students in Digital Photography, Graphic and Web Design, Interior Design or Music Audio Technology, Arapahoe Community College can help. For more information, please visit the ACC website. Additionally, ACC has been holding information sessions for these programs. Sign up at this link.
Former Argosy Students
States and the U.S. Department of Education are working with insitutions to create teach-out or transfer options. In some instances, there may be no guarantee of transfer credit. Credit acceptance is at the sole discretion of the recipient institution. For more information and transfer opportunities, please review this Argosy Transfer Guide.
CDHE will post additional options as they are finalized.
Apply for a Federal Loan Discharge
Former AI/Argosy students may apply for a loan discharge from the U.S. Department of Education. Visit their website for details.
Higher Learning Commission Public Disclosure Letter from “Accredited” to “Candidate” - This letter outlines what the change in accreditation means for students.
Students can inquire about additional Art Institutes locations or online classes by calling 855-758-5665 or by visiting the Art Institute website. Media contacts can email or call: email@example.com or (888) 597-7665.