Argosy University/Art Institute Closing
The parent company for the Art Institute of Colorado and Argosy University will close its Colorado campuses on Dec. 31, 2018.
- Art Institute of Colorado (AI) and Argosy University-Denver have ceased enrolling new students as of June 29.
- New AI students who were to begin July 9, 2018: Please contact Josh Jones, AI Admissions, at 303-824-4765; Terry Bargas, AI Student Financial Services at 303-824-4760; or the Dream Center Education Holdings company at 855-758-5665. They will be able to help you with the next steps (e.g., transfer, refund, etc.)
- Current, active AI students: Attend classes as scheduled.
- All students: Argosy University and AI staff will work with you one-on-one to assess your program and provide completion options for you.
Options to discuss with your institution
The following are the options available to discuss with your instiution. Download our flowchart.
Complete via AI/Argosy online - Students whose program is also offered via AI’s online delivery modality will have the opportunity to complete their program online and receive a 50 percent tuition savings for the remaining courses in their program.
Complete through another AI or Argosy campus – Students who live or work in close proximity to another AI or Argosy campus may transfer to that campus and will receive a 50 percent tuition savings for the remaining courses in their program.
Complete through another Dream Center Education institution – Students may transfer to another institution within the Dream Center Education network. AI students who transfer to South or Argosy will receive a 50 percent tuition savings for the remaining courses in their program.
Complete through partner institutions – For students whose program is not offered via AI’s/Argosy’s online delivery modality, AI/Argosy will seek out transfer/articulation with other accredited, local and online institutions that do offer the students’ programs. AI/Argosy will seek out partner institutions who will agree to assist students with completing their program and are willing to ensure that students have complete information about the tuition and fees. AI/Argosy will offer students who transfer to partner institutions a $5,000 grant to be applied toward tuition at the receiving institution.
Complete via accelerated teach-out – Students who are nearing completion of their program may be able to finish their course requirements at their respective AI/Argosy campus, provided the program completion date is no later than Dec. 31, 2018. Students who select this option will receive a 50 percent tuition savings for the remaining courses in their program.
- AI Colorado is currently in candidacy status with the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), AI’s institutional accreditor. The coursework completed at this location from Jan. 20, 2018 is not accredited, nor are degrees conferred from this location since Jan. 20, 2018. See HLC’s public notice for more information.
Complete through an unaffiliated institution – Students who would like to continue their education outside the Dream Center Education system may apply to the institution of their choice; however, there is no guarantee of the transfer of credits. Credit acceptance is at the sole discretion of the recipient institution.
Higher Learning Commission Public Disclosure Letter from “Accredited” to “Candidate” - This letter outlines what the change in accreditation means for students.
Students can inquire about additional Art Institutes locations or online classes by calling 855-758-5665 or by visiting the Art Institute website. Media contacts can email or call: email@example.com or (888) 597-7665.
AI/Argosy students may apply for a loan discharge from the U.S. Department of Education. Visit their website for details.