SURDS Undergraduate Applicant File Description
CCHE collects undergraduate applicant file (UAF) data on all students who apply
to Colorado public, postsecondary education institutions and participating
private institutions. Private institutions and area vocational schools that
would like CCHE staff to generate their IPEDS enrollment reports also are
eligible to participate.
Among the general uses of UAF data are:
- providing information on the numbers of students applying to Colorado
postsecondary education institutions
- monitoring freshman and transfer standard admissions, including deriving
geographic applicant data based on transfer institution codes and state/county
- calculating “window” percentages; For freshman standard, window baseline defined
by index score for an institution
- calculating “floor” percentage; For freshman standard, floor parameters defined
as 10 points below an institution’s baseline index score
- summarizing applicant remediation rates grouped by institution and/or
originating high school
Selection Criteria: The Undergraduate Applicant File includes
all applicants and those assessed by the institution. The file is
collected every semester from each public postsecondary education institution
participating in SURDS.
Special Instructions: Freshman standard and transfer standard
documented in CCHE policy 1.F. Section 5.0.