Proposed charge to “Sustainability” subcommittee
This subcommittee is charged with making recommendations related to funding for higher education in Colorado. Successful recommendations should result in a strategy for stabilizing and sustaining higher education funding.
Specifically, the subcommittee is asked to answer the following questions:
- What level of funding is needed to meet the system goals?
- What efficiencies can be implemented to decrease the need for funding or annual funding increases?
- If needed, what are viable sources of new of substitute funding?
- Should funding be tied to specific performance criteria? Which ones?
- How should the state allocate/prioritize its financial aid dollars?
- What is the appropriate balance of funding sources for:
- Research institutions
- State colleges
- Community colleges
- Technical schools
- Private colleges
- Dick Monfort – Chair
- John Bliss
- Greg Stevinson
- Kelly Brough
- Gary Reiff
- Research institution – Kelly Fox
- Four-year institution – Pres. Tim Foster
- Comm. College system - Mark Superka
PDF Documents required Adobe Reader. You may download it for free at Adobe.com.