Proposed charge to “Pipeline” subcommittee
This subcommittee is charged with developing recommendations to complement and carry forward the work done by Colorado’s P-20 Commission. Successful recommendations should address the “leakage” between the K-12 and higher education system. Successful recommendations should also the education and recapture of non-traditional learners.
Specifically, the subcommittee is asked to answer the following questions:
- What should be the role of the system in decreasing the 30% remediation rate?
- What can/should be done to expand transition programs such as dual and concurrent enrollment?
- What incentives can be created or barriers removed to encourage the return and degree/certificate completion of non-traditional learners?
- What structures can be created or barriers removed to decrease time to graduation?
- Theresa Pena – Chair
- Jane Rawlings
- Russ George
- David Greenberg
- Dr. Dan Lucero
- Jill Brake
- Research institution – Pres. Joe Garcia
- Four-year institution – Pres. Jay Helman
- Community College – Dr. Matt Gianneschi
PDF Documents required Adobe Reader. You may download it for free at Adobe.com.