Proposed charge to “Accessibility” subcommittee
This subcommittee is charged with developing recommendations to address the accessibility of the state’s system of higher education (“system”). Successful recommendations should result in a clear standard for accessibility and goals to meet and maintain that standard. Successful recommendations should also result in goals to close achievement gaps and clearer pathways for students of all interests and backgrounds.
Specifically, the subcommittee is asked to answer the following questions:
- How should Colorado define accessibility?
- What should be the accessibility standard for:
- Research institutions
- State colleges
- Community colleges
- Technical schools
- How can the system and individual institutions be held accountable for maintaining accessibility?
- Colorado has the nation’s largest gap between the college attainment of its largest ethnic group and other ethnicities and the nation’s second largest gap between low and high income groups. What should be Colorado’s 5 and 10 year goals to address this gap?
- Meg Porfido – Chair
- Alan Salazar
- Jim Polsfut
- Dr. Eric Lee
- BJ Scott
- Research instit. - Provost Abe Haraff
- Four-year institution – Pres. Dave Svaldi
- Comm. College - Dr. Donna Souther
PDF Documents required Adobe Reader. You may download it for free at Adobe.com.