New Degree Proposals
The Colorado Commission on Higher Education is authorized to approve academic degree programs to ensure consistency with the institution’s statutory role and mission [23-5-129(6)(b), C.R.S.] and to approve educator preparation programs to ensure they meet certain performance measures [23-1-121(2), C.R.S.]. To view the policies regarding new program submission please go to:
Submit a New Degree Proposal
- Read these instructions before logging on to ensure you have all the necessary information.
- Login to the submission tracking system. If you need login credentials, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter general information through the online form. This includes the following:
- Name of the degree,
- Degree type,
- Recommended CIP code, and
- Date of approval by governing board.
- Attach one supporting document in the form of Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or text file. This document should include brief statements of the following:
- Overview of proposed program,
- For undergraduate degrees only: Fit with gtPathways and 120 credit cap or justification why gtPathways and 120 credit cap requirements should be waived,
- Evidence of need, and
- Duplication/similar programs in the state.
- Submit your request. An email will notify our staff that a new program request has been submitted. If you do not receive a confirmation within a few days, please contact email@example.com.
Note: Educator preparation programs have different requirements. Please visit http://highered.colorado.gov/Academics/TeacherEd/DegreePrograms/default.html
As of 6/26/2012, there is a new login and submission process through the DHE Data Collection website. Your user login should be the same as the previous database, unless you logged in with an institution ID. Use the first part of your email address as your username. Should you have problems entering your program online, please contact Ryan.Allred@dhe.state.co.us
Click here to begin.
Once logged in, click "Admin" to update your password and/or security settings. Then click "Degree Programs" and then "New Program".